Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: Power Cords & effect sound?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Power Cords & effect sound?

    If an expensive power cord has made a significant improvement to the performance of your audio system you may be interested in this site:

    Unique Audio Products Available From ESP

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Power Cords & effect sound?

    All audio electronic devices have an internal power supply that filters, rectifies, and provides the requisite voltages (a good portion of which are DC). With the possible exception of a few TT drive motors, nothing runs directly from the AC supply voltage. What comes out of that power supply is what matters.

    Added;
    People that freak over their AC supply quality should go back to batteries... easier, cheaper, quieter (than the suggested "fixes"), and completely off the grid.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.